Within the past week or so, I’ve started to get the spinning Beachball on my Mac when running Google Chrome. It happens several times per minute when I click in the address bar or in a field in a form on a web page. Very irritating. It’ll spin for a few seconds and then allow me to carry on. Here are some of the details:
- My Mac is a a relatively recent model:
- Purchased in April 2013
- MacBook Pro 13-inch, Mid-2012
- 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
- 8 GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
- 256 GB SSD (16GB “free”)
- OS X 10.8.4
- My version of Google Chrome is up-to-date: Version 28.0.1500.71
- The spinning Beachball only happens in Chrome. I can use Firefox, for example, with no problems.
- This even happens if I restart, keep all other applications closed and have all Chrome extensions disabled.
- Also happens in Chrome if I click on a link.
- I have high-speed cable connectivity.
- Does not happen on other systems (Windows and Mac) with Chrome installed.
Anyone have any ideas of why this might be happening or how I can troubleshoot the problem?